My client is located in Central London and is a respected Economic Survey organisation. They have 30 years of experience in serving their clients and provide country specific forecasts and topical analysis. They also provide specialised publications on Foreign Exchange Forecasts and Energy and Metal price forecasts.
Reporting to two experienced executive directors, this is an exciting opportunity for a hands-on, experienced Finance professional to join a growing and stable organisation based in London’s West End. You will have full ownership and accountability across all key finance functions, including end-to-end accounts, quarterly reporting and year-end accounts alongside an external auditor. Daily work flows will include international invoicing, bookkeeping across Sage or another package, and maintenance of a subscriber database.
- Full Management Accounts (Multi-currency)
- Management Information Reporting (MI Reporting)
- PandL Analysis
- Tax and VAT Reporting
- Periodic, quarterly and annual reporting
- Ensuring full compliance across financial procedures
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Implementation of financial procedures and processes
- Managing Payroll and Pension process
Client Related Responsibilities
- Management of subscriber database, invoicing and payments
- Client query resolution, with support from others
- Ongoing service to clients
General Responsibilities A minor amount of time will be spent on staff records, fixed asset reporting, and ordering office amenities from suppliers.
This has been a sole-charge role in the past. However, with ambition, training and systems modernisation, it could be expanded into a Finance Director plus department responsibility. The company has a bonus programme.
To be considered for this Finance and Office Manager role, an individual should have some of the obvious building blocks, together with strong organisational skills, attention to detail and excellent communication (as the successful candidate will be communicating daily with clients, suppliers and colleagues).
- Previous demonstrable experience within a similar role including Professional Qualification
- Sage, Xero, Quickbooks, or similar
- Experience working within a hands-on environment
- Personable, organised, task driven and resilient
- Comfortable with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Job Owner: a.saddington-poole